We are following new procedures that allow us to keep our clients safe and healthy in the post-virus economy. We have implemented a longer sanitation time in-between client by thoroughly sanitizing and sterilizing all treatment rooms.
Although we have always followed the sanitation protocols enforced by the state board, we are committed to go above and beyond the requirements by adhering closely to the CDC guidelines. Our goal is to continue to give our clients exceptional care while keeping them safe in immaculate conditions.
Your Safety is Our Highest Priority
we have taken the following steps to safely re-open Beauty Bar Med Spa.
We have developed and implemented appropriate policies in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations; as well as by following industry best practices regarding:
- Social distancing and protective equipment
- Use and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas
We at NU-U Med Spa, are doing everything we can to equip our staff and our community with the necessary tools to fend off any virus — whether the common cold, the flu, or COVID-19. We faithfully execute our client-screening protocols to this end. Our existing high standards as well as our additional amplified disinfecting and sanitation procedures between each client will be strenuously followed. Follows some more specifics on this implementation.
Client Screening and Fulfilment Additions
We have changed the way our appointments are scheduled. Our appointments are now spaced 15 minutes apart. The extra time in-between appointments allows for our clients to follow social distancing guidelines. This new procedure minimizes traffic flow problems and prevents clients from arriving or departing from the lobby at the same time. Early arrivals may choose to wait in the car until 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
If a staff member is running a temperature, s/he will not be able to work that day. Additionally, the staff member must see their doctor and get cleared before returning to work. If a client has a fever (add degrees here), they will have to reschedule their appointment and we will suggest they see their doctor. We will ask to see a clearance before the client can resume services.
Hygiene and PPE and Prevention
- Before opening for the day, staff will have their temperature taken.
- Any staff member who has a temperature will not be allowed to work. They must have gone 48 hours without a fever in order to return to work.
- There will be mandatory use of hand sanitizer by all staff and clients upon entering the building.
- Estheticians and massage therapists will all wash their hands with antibacterial soap for at least 20 seconds before and after each treatment. Estheticians must wear gloves before commencing treatment and dispose of them promptly afterwards.
- As we will be following CDC recommendations, all of our staff members will wear disposable masks. Masks will be available for any client receiving services that would like to wear one as well
- In addition to these everyday steps, all locations are also required to be extra diligent to ensure associates exhibiting any signs or symptoms of illness (including acute respiratory illness) will remain home. Likewise, if a client with an upcoming appointment is not feeling well, they will be asked to give the Beauty Bar Med Spa location a call. We will be happy to reschedule the appointment.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Based on research, we have developed the following protocols adhering to the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our facilities. We will be using EPA-registered disinfectants that are approved for COVID-19 disinfection.
- After removing the sheets, staff will spray tables and wipe down headrests. Lotion bottles, skin care product bottles, and stretch equipment are wiped down with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
- Staff will wipe down all high-touch areas including interior door knobs and light switches with an industrial-grade disinfectant.
- Staff will wipe down the client’s chair and/or clothes’ rack with an industrial-grade disinfectant.
- Staff will spray down all work surfaces with disinfectant.
- After cleaning and disinfecting the room, staff will remake the bed with new sheets and blankets in preparation for new clients.
- Staff will use a disposable face cradle for massage.
- After each use by either client or staff, the restroom will be completely disinfected. An industrial-grade cleaning solution will be used on toilets, sinks, and mirrors. The door knobs, light switches and wall handles will all be sanitized.
- After any staff or client enters or leaves the spa, all door handles inside and out will be wiped down and disinfected. The pos system and front desk will also be wiped down and disinfected after being touched.
- At the end of each day, staff will sweep and mop the floors with an industrial-grade disinfectant. All walls, shelves and displays will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Air filters will be changed regularly according to manufacturer’s directions. Air purifiers will be in use and they will be located in common areas.